You’ve gotta hand it to French toast. It’s a treat when it’s put on the table. Who doesn’t love it? So simple, yet delicious.
- 6 thick slices bread
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- salt to taste
- Beat together egg, milk, salt, desired spices and vanilla.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle of skillet over medium-high flame.
- Dunk each slice of bread in egg mixture, soaking both sides. Place in pan, and cook on both sides until golden. Serve hot.