I have to say I am not an asparagus fan, but this sauce really changed my mind. This is a simple and delicious side dish. Fresh asparagus is baked until tender, and dressed with a blend of butter, soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar.
1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Arrange the asparagus on a baking sheet. Coat with cooking spray, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake asparagus 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until tender.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat, and stir in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Pour over the baked asparagus to serve.